Saturday 14 March 2015

Daevid


I am an old man

I’m in hiding
I’m in hiding inside
I’m in hiding inside my house
I’m hiding in a home in my room
In my castle my hovel my playschool my temple my houseboat my tomb
I’m in hiding from you
I’m in hiding from myself.

I am an old man
I cannot remember myself
My thoughts are running loose
All over the shelf
My pages are all stuck together.
Doesn’t matter.
Don’t worry about me.

If you seek discretion
Don’t tell me anything.
With secrets I am incontinent.
I blurt out the last thing I should &
My timing is deadly without
knowing it.

OH BABY!
I’m lost in the wood.
Now I’ll never know the damage I did…
Jumping from roof to roof
Never lifting the lid.
Never finding the dead tenants in my own head.
>From the womb to the tomb
we are sucked up & out
of the dream of death…..

We are washed back down into
the basin of birth.
Yet another body on earth &
pop goes the feasability study.
Flop goes the plum cake
pon the plate.
A luxurious tongue licks
sensational lips.
King Jazz & Queen Lit in perfect composite….
& so JOB DONE!

I am alone. All-one at last!
Wotta blast! Wotta flush!
I’m posh! I’m plush!
I am an old man.
Don’t tell me anything.
we are all part of a secret society
but it doesn’t matter.
a free scale network
a unit cell organism.
Don’t lift the lid.

Now I’ll never know what damage I did.

Daevid Allen 
(13 January 1938 – 13 March 2015)
Planet Gong

No comments:

Post a Comment